Thursday, November 6, 2008

God is in Control

This is borrowed/copied from a friends blog (http://hopefullytrying.livejournal.com/), and it really puts into words what I have been thinking and feeling the past couple of days.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82-84EKIaqE

Romans 13:1. "Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there
is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God."

While I might not be doing cartwheels over the winner of this election, I do believe that God is in Control.
I also believe that God has ordained for Obama to be our President, for whatever reasons......God is perfect and He makes NO mistakes!!
And for me to be upset or devastated would be a waste of my time and energy. So instead, I will pray for President-Elect Obama, and his family, that he will be able to lead our country in a positive way, and make positive changes......and that he will even come to the Lord!!!
I will pray for his wife, to be supportive and loving and understanding when this big job takes him away from their family, and I will pray for their daughters, that they will still be able to have time with their father, and know that he loves and values them....I pray for them as a family, that this will strengthen them, and not draw them apart.
I also pray for everyone who did NOT vote for Obama, that their hearts will not be bitter, that they will join me in prayer for our nation's leader,and for the morality of our nation.
As Christians, we are not to give in to a spirit of Fear...instead, let us accept that what is, IS....and just do what we do best--live for God and be SHINING EXAMPLES of His love and acceptance to the world. Now, more than ever, we need to SHINE JESUS to the world!!!
HUGS to you all!!! May God bless each and evey one of you today and in this next 4 years of our
FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT!
Pretty cool/interesting/wow to be living in part of history!!
.
.
.
.

No comments: