Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Dinner Prayer

Tonight:

Chris: Eli, will you pray for our supper tonight?
Eli: Sure, daddy.
Dear God, Tank you for only me tonight. Amen.
Me: (trying not to laugh) I think you should pray for the food too.
Eli: ummm, ok
Dear God, tank you for me and the food. (long pause)(sigh) Tank you for Abby and Reagan and Daddy and Mommy and Daama and Daempa and the food and unca Jay and aunt Missa and unca Andy and aunt Tacia and the food. Amen.
Chris: Thank you, that was a nice prayer to God.
Eli: I forgot someone.
Me: Who?
Eli: The baby, and Finny and Tash. And auntie Den and unca Tane. (pause) and the food. Amen.

All of us: Amen

A couple of minutes later as we are eating:
Eli: Tank you God for the food and the baby and mommy and daddy. Amen.

Chris and I again trying not to laugh, and this went on several more times until he was done with dinner.

Gotta love a boy who wants to pray.

1 comment:

Prachar family said...

How precious! What a neat memory!