Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cleaning and projects today!

My parents are on their way here right now!

We are going to finish up the kids school work right now, and then the projects begin!

I want to get the china cabinet cleaned off and empty most of it, that is going to be my new school cabinet. We just need more space so I can see what I have and then the kids will be able to have better access to their stuff without making a huge mess, which is what is happening right now.

Re-organize my plastics cupboard. It is OUT OF CONTROL! I can hardly put things away without something else falling out.

Dad is going to help Chris move the furniture from the garage to the basement. Then I can get the Yukon in the garage! This is a MUST before baby gets here.

I want to put the curtain rod up in Abby's room, and then the curtains. It will be so nice to have her room done.

The toys in the family room need to be organized and many put into storage. Chris got some boxes at Walmart last week and we are going to be using them on the shelves in the basement. With all the baby stuff coming out, we need the space. And I am sick and tired of looking at toys everywhere!

I need to pull the rest of the clothes out of Abby's drawers that are too small. Then I can see if there is anything she will need for next year. This is the time to shop for next winter, and between my mom and me, we should be able to have her set soon. And we are stuffing things in again and she is only wearing a few things over and over, so that is also an indication that we need to go through things.

Then the boys drawers, but that might be a different day.

I am already working on laundry, 2 loads done so far, 3-4 more to go, just of our stuff. Then to the baby clothes. They need to be washed and organized.

Then tonight I am having a mom's night out with my MOPS table! Chris and Abby are going to be watching the daughter of one of the mom's going and it is so sweet of them. And the little girl LOVES Abby!

4 comments:

Prachar family said...

Sounds like fun, wish I could help!

Anonymous said...

Just curious...are you nesting, sweet friend? :)

Way to be so ambitious!

Speaking of ambitious, we put our house on the market today. Crazy, huh?

Mandy said...

Travis - I wish you were here to help!

Marcia - Nesting - oh my YES!!! My list keeps getting longer, the more I work at it.

Did you buy property yet, or waiting on the house to sell. Things must have calmed down a little with Gwen for you to be feeling comfortable doing that.

Laura said...

I was thinking nesting too. You go girl.